What is FTP?
FTP - File Transfer Protocol is special protocol used for fast and secure transfer of files. It operates trough a server-client model, which means you will have to use a special software called FTP client.
There are many different software products available. We recommend the following
- FileZilla - a free open source client. One of the most popular choices for a FTP client. Available for Windows and Mac
- Cyberduck - a free open source FTP client for Mac. It provides an easy and user-friendly interface with a lot of advanced features.
- FireFTP - a powerful and free Mozilla Firefox Addon that has all the necessary features of a standart FTP client.
How to upload my screener?
It is quite simple.
- Choose and install a FTP client.
- You will need to connect to the FTP server's IP adress, which is provided in a special e-mail that you will recieve after you submit your entry form.
- After you connect to the server you will be asked to enter a username and password, that will be provided in the same e-mail.
- Find the files you want to upload and upload them in the empty folder.
If you have any additional questions or you still have troubles uploading your film to the FTP server, check the small tutorial uploaded here or contact us.